Woot! I slipped out of the office early when no one was looking and so my weekend starts NOW. Shane and I have a relatively plan-free weekend at home ahead of us, which I usually look forward to as a chance to run errands/do housework/get ‘caught up’ (what does that mean, anyway???), but I’ve firmly decided that this time, I will enjoy the break and not dwell on tasks that should get done. Then again, I am obsessively compulsive about making lists, and find an unhealthy amount of satisfaction in checking things off said lists, so I’m indulging my neurotic tendencies and have made a list of things to do, without actually getting anything done. I’m hoping the next three days will look something like this…
* Sit in a cafe with a latte and read my unbelievably good book.
* Buy a watermelon. And eat it. Just ’cause.
* Watch the sun set. Preferably over water. Or mountains. Or the silhouette of downtown Seattle. I’m not picky.
* Sit on our back porch and drink a glass of white wine. Or two.
* Enjoy the flowers we have growing in our garden. Just in case summer is on it’s way out (which is a fact that I am consciously choosing to deny).
* Remind Shane that I love him, and that quality time with him means more to me than checking anything off of any to-do list.
Ready, set, RELAX…